Below are some answers to last weekend’s Q&A. Live Q&A’s are every Friday on Facebook from 9:30-10:30am PST on Facebook.
Photo taken today in Florence, Italy.
1. Lana M.: What was the most interesting job you had to do?
One time when I shot a funeral. That was….interesting.
2. Wibie W.: Do you have any suggestions for pre-wedding/engagement session poses?
Something fun to do is ask one partner to swing the other around. The movement creates laughs + relaxed subjects.
3. Mel I.: Are you attending classes to learn new things for your business?
YES. I think it’s important to constantly go to class/workshops/conferences. I haven’t taken in a couple years so recently I attended WPPI On the Road. I also want to take some photography workshops this year to see how other photographers shoot and run their business. It’s nice to bounce ideas off each other.
4. Martina R.: Have you ever just had a client dislike your work after you gave it to them? If so, what did you do to appease your client?
Yes. A client didn’t like the way I edited the photos. She wanted the coloring to be different so I re-edited them to her liking. This was years ago. It turns out she never looked at my work before hiring me. Now I put in my contract that photos are edited according to what is thought proper by the studio. 🙂
5. June A.: If you could live any where in the world, where would it be & why?
I would be living where I’m at in LA! I love it. My second choice is NYC, but only when I’m a multi-millionaire and can afford a nice well-lit loft in Manhattan.