Below are some answers to last week’s Q&A on Facebook!
Photo taken in Lake Como, Italy. I’m looking quite nerdy these days.
1. Rebecca H.: What do you recommend for post editing for a beginner?
I think that Adobe Lightroom is great for beginners and professionals. It makes editing much easier!
2. Giang H.: How do you catch people in natural moments?
To get natural moments you have to be ninja-like. Try to get a photo of someone when they don’t know you’re there. Or if you have to pose/give direction, here are 7 Tips for Photographing People.
3. Gringa M.: Sometimes I need to crop out something distracting but I worry that I create a strange size photo that would be difficult to print. How do you handle cropping when it comes to creating standard print sizes?
I always keep dimensions standard to 4×6 for clients. 4×6 is better than 8×10 or square, so that if the client chooses to print 8×10, they have more to work with (less to crop off).
4. Michelle C.: How do you organize clients photos? Where do you store them?
I store them on external hard drives. I label different folders i.e. Weddings 2011, Weddings 2012, Engagement, Family, Events, etc., and then subfolders from there, i.e. Chris & Jaime, Tom & Katie, etc.
5. Nethu K.: What has been the best moment in your life?
What a great question. The moment I took responsibility and realized that EVERYTHING in my life is created by me. My feelings, my attitude, my relationships, my dreams – I can choose or change anything!